The LINK 4 Elite insurance plan provides the most extensive coverage of the LINK plans, including prescription drugs, dental care, vision care and extended health care benefits plus preferred hospital accommodation and emergency medical travel protection.
No medical questions or exams. Yes, this plan even covers pre-existing conditions. Applying is quick and easy!
SureHealth plans offer coverage for generic prescription medications that are approved for use in Canada, have a DIN, require a prescription by law and have been prescribed by an authorized medical practitioner. Brand name prescription medications may be covered if no generic equivalent exists. Smoking cessation products and drugs for the treatment of obesity, infertility and erectile dysfunction are not covered.
Quebec residents must be covered by the RAMQ (Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec) plan. Prescription drug claims must be submitted to RAMQ first. When RAMQ reimburses a portion of the drug cost, unpaid balances (including co-payments and deductibles) will be co‑ordinated so that you may be reimbursed up to 100% of the eligible expense incurred. If the drug is not covered by RAMQ, the standard co-pay applies.
Prescription Drugs Maximums
Pays 80% up to
Year 1: $2,300
Year 2: $2,400
Year 3: $2,500
Year 4+: $2,700 per person per year
Dental Care Overall Maximums
Year 1: $1,000
Year 2: $1,250
Year 3+: $1,750 per person per year
Basic Services include coverage towards:
- Preventive cleaning
- Routine examinations, x-rays
- Fillings and extractions
- Flouride treatment for children
Pays 80%, subject to annual maximum
Comprehensive Basic Services
Comprehensive Basic Services include coverage towards:
- Endodontic treatment – root canal therapy
- Periodontal treatment – scaling and root planing, occlusal adjustment, equilibration
- Denture repairs, rebasing, relining
Pays 80%, subject to annual maximum
Major Services include coverage towards:
- Crowns and onlays
Available in Year 3: Pays 60%, subject to annual maximum
Orthodontic Services include coverage towards:
- Straightening teeth and correcting the bite
Available in Year 3: Pays 60%, subject to a $2,000 lifetime orthodontics maximum
Vision Care Prescription eyeglasses, contact lenses, laser eye surgery
$300 per person every 2 years
$80 per person every 2 years
Extended Health Care Professional Services / Registered Therapists
Chiropractor, Physiotherapist, Chiropodist / Podiatrist, Dietitian, Naturopath, Osteopath
$600 per person per practitioner, per year
Up to $1,200 per person per year combined
Massage Therapist, Acupuncturist
$30 per visit
20 visits per person per practitioner, per year
$600 per person per year
Mental Health Services
Psychologist / Psychotherapist / Registered Social Worker
$600 per person per year, combined
4 hours of virtual counselling (2 hours for individual therapy, 2 hours for couples therapy) per person per year; additional therapy is eligible for coverage under the Psychology benefit
$10,000 per person per year
Ambulance Transportation Includes land and air Hearing Aids
$600 per person every 4 years
Diagnostic tests and x-rays, dialysis equipment, laboratory tests
$2,000 per person per year
Medical Items and Home Support Services (in-home nursing)
Medical Items include diabetic supplies (like blood glucose monitors and lancets), custom made boots or shoes, custom made foot orthotics, mobility aids (like canes, crutches, walkers, wheelchairs), prosthetics, aids for daily living (like hospital style beds, IV stands, a trapeze, a bedpan), braces, casts, catheters and ostomy supplies, compression stockings, respiratory/cardiology items like breathing and heart monitors for infants, compressors and oxygen.
Separate maximums for Medical Items and Home Support Services
$5,000 per person per benefit category, per year
CPAP, BIPAP, APAP and/or AMP machines and supplies are eligible for coverage.
Travel Multi-Trip Emergency Medical Travel Coverage out-of-province or country
15 days per trip
$5,000,000 per person per year
This benefit is automatically included at no-cost. It pays for the difference in cost between standard ward charges and semi-private and/or private accommodation in a public general hospital in your province/territory of residence.
$250 per person per day
30 days per year
- This plan is specially designed to cover pre-existing conditions you may have.
- Multi-trip emergency medical travel coverage (up to 15 days per trip)
- Semi-private and/or private hospital accommodation is a benefit that’s automatically included. It’s added protection against the unexpected.
- Dental coverage increases each year for the first three years to also include major services like crowns, bridge work and even orthodontics.
- No waiting period! Once your application is approved, your coverage will begin on the first day of the following month.
- Get instant access to your benefits with the GSC pay-direct benefit card.
- File a claim, review your coverage and locate a nearby health practitioner from anywhere, any time with GSC everywhere online services and the GSC everywhere mobile app.