What to expect after you apply...
Once you’ve submitted your application, we’ll send you an email that confirms we’ve received it. There’s no need for you to follow-up with us as we’ll be sure to let you know.
As soon as your application is approved, we’ll send you an email. This note will also confirm your effective date – that’s the date your coverage starts.
When you apply for a SureHealth plan that offers guaranteed acceptance, -- your application will be approved as soon as we receive your initial premium payment.
When you apply for a plan that requires completion of the health questionnaire, we’ll review your answers.
If you don’t have any pre-existing medical conditions (good news!), you may receive your approval note in a few days, or possibly in just a few minutes.
If you do have medical conditions, we’ll evaluate your health and send you a counter-offer for coverage that excludes medications that treat your pre-existing medical condition. We’ll also provide alternative plan options for you to consider. We’ll send this to you via email within about 10 days, as long as you’ve provided your email address in your application. Once you have decided on the option that’s right for you, we’ll send you an email confirming your selection and your effective date.
Your effective date is the day your SureHealth coverage starts. Generally, this is the first of the month following your application approval. However, you can postpone your effective date for up to two months to better align with your needs.
On and after your effective date, you can begin using your SureHealth benefits.
When your application is approved (thanks and welcome to the GSC family!), we’ll send your Welcome kit to you in the mail, through Canada Post. It will arrive in a large GSC envelope and will contain:
- Your personalized SureHealth benefit cards with your GSC ID number.
- Your Schedule of Benefits which confirms the SureHealth plan, benefits and levels of coverage you have available to you every year.
- Your SureHealth Contract. Please review it carefully.
- Your Travel Benefit Summary that describes the emergency medical travel benefits you have with your SureHealth plan.
- YourAccess2 info sheet that highlights the many advantages you’ll have as a SureHealth and GSC customer.
- Register for GSC everywhere online services so you can submit claims online, check your benefit balance, sign-up for direct deposit (your claims reimbursements will be deposited directly into your account), check your claims status, locate GSC-approved registered specialists, therapists, dentists and vision care providers in your area, and much more. It’s the ultimate in digital self-service.
- Download the GSC Everywhere Mobile App. You’ll want to be able to access your benefits from wherever you are. Download the mobile app, GSC everywhere, and you’ll stay connected via your smart phone. Submit claims through the app, check claims status, and find GSC-approved health care providers in your area – just to name a few. What could be more efficient and convenient?
- Register for the Rewards program. When you register for the Change4Life® rewards program, you’ll quickly earn points as you participate in activities and access resources that support healthy lifestyles. Then, redeem your points by bidding on the chance to win gift cards from popular Canadian retailers. It’s free, it’s available exclusively to GSC customers, it’s fun and rewarding.
- Register for Maple. Maple offers virtual visits with a physician at any time – 24/7, 365 days a year. The average wait time with Maple is less than five minutes. And as a SureHealth and GSC customer, you’ll receive the GSC preferred rate. (Note: the discounted rate is not eligible for reimbursement under your plan.)
Maple Platform and Maple Health Care Services are owned and operated by Maple Corporation.
- Sign-up for PocketPills. PocketPills will prepare your medication, sorted by dose, time of day and labelled in easy-to-open PocketPacks and deliver directly to your door every month for a low dispensing fee. Home delivery is free of charge. It’s pharmacy made easy.
PocketPills services are provided by PocketPills Pharmacy Inc.