Corporate Social Responsibility
at Green Shield Canada
Corporate Social Responsibility at Green Shield Canada
At Green Shield Canada, corporate social responsibility is about the way we integrate economic, social and environmental considerations into our decision-making processes and day-to-day operations. We believe that running a successful business means that you also care about the community, the environment and society as a whole. In fact, we think about it in everything we do.
Our inherent trait
At Green Shield Canada (GSC), corporate social responsibility (CSR) is in our DNA. From the day we started in 1957, it’s what we have always done, because it was the right thing to do, and still is. Our founding mission - to ensure affordable and equitable access to health care - has not only stood the test of time, but is increasingly relevant in the lives of Canadians.
The GSC CSR framework consists of five pillars
The five key principles or “pillars” that define Green Shield Canada as a reputable and conscientious business:
- Our customers:We put their needs first and provide them with top-notch service.
- Our employees:We recognize them as the key to fulfilling our mission and reaching our business goals.
- Our environment:We minimize our “footprint” by remaining conscious of the impact our daily business operations can have on the environment.
- Our community:We play an active role in supporting the health of all Canadians by volunteering and contributing to charitable causes.
- Our governance:We operate our business with integrity, fairness and respect.
We are proud that Corporate social responsibility is a central part of GSC’s history, and a focal point as we look to the future of the organization. While we have grown and changed as an organization over the decades, we still continue to speak out, spark change, and give back to the communities in which we work.