Canadian Health Care
An overview of the Medicare system
Our Canadian health care system, also known as Medicare, is accessible for all eligible residents. This nationwide program provides us with a line of health care coverage for only the essentials. While publicly-funded, it is regulated by the government and delivered through each province or territory on an individual basis.
What you get
- Health care services regarded as medically essential and administered by primary medical physicians
- Standard-room hospital care and accommodation
- Emergency dental and oral surgical procedures provided in a hospital
What you don’t get
- Routine dental services
- Prescription drugs
- Prescription eyewear
- Specialized therapeutic treatment
- Private in-home nursing care
Why supplemental health insurance is a must
Relying solely on the support of the Canadian health care system is a financial risk. In reality, unforeseen health-related expenses can arise from time to time, or they can come suddenly and all at once, burning a hole in your wallet where your savings used to be!
Where SureHealth comes in
A SureHealth insurance plan provides you with coverage where your provincial plan doesn’t.
Choose either our ZONE or LINK insurance plans and you will get started on a safe and secure health care path.
Each plan provides a selection of benefit options and levels of coverage, allowing you to select the one that best fits your personal needs, lifestyle and budget.
Along with a variety of coverage options for dental care, prescription drugs, vision care, registered specialist services and therapeutic care, SureHealth brings you peace of mind with the following immediate benefits:
- Guaranteed acceptance*, no questions asked when you apply for select ZONE plans and all LINK plans. These are plans specifically designed to provide coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Lifetime coverage
- Emergency medical travel coverage (coverage for all ages)
- Online services you can access from your mobile device
- Access to Change4Life™, an innovative online health management tool
- No waiting periods†
- Top-notch customer service
Whether you’re investing in your first supplemental personal health plan or leaving an existing group plan, SureHealth has your back in protecting your health and your finances.